Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2014

WHAT HAPPENED TO WALT DISNEY PICTURE MOVIES?


When I was little, there were no greater heroes than Simba and Rafiki, Bernhard and Bianca or the fury version of Robin Hood.
Growing up I still love and watch Disney classics being fascinated of how much there is still to explore after 15 years of fangirling fluffy animals saving the world. 
Back than I had no idea about the moral content or values delivered as I was completely concentrating on the cute, clumsy and comical characters cleaving their way through whatever the world threw at them. 

Watching the movies nowadays makes me realize how ingenious and they actually are, feeding their little viewers with pieces of wisdom like:  "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or… learn from it." (Rafiki, Lion King) or my all time favorite: "You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you’ll learn things you never knew you never knew." (Pocahontas, Pocahontas) 



As a kid you obviously do not understand everything the way you do now but I am convinced that at least a part of the message unknowingly paved it's way into our soul and formed our characters.
Like a cow having to swallow its food several times before it is fully stomached, I feel like you have to chew over the quotes from time to time in order to being able to completely digest and work them. 

Being born in '94 saved me from all the Hannah Montana, Cars 1 & 2 or  The Incredibles crap children nowadays are being confronted with.
What is it with the trashy, sensory overloaded, noisy animation movies they produce nowadays? The only decent Disney Movie which was being produced was probably "Finding Nemo" but other than that I am quite disappointed with new productions.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen