Montag, 17. Februar 2014

TODAY'S MAKEOVER

Today I woke up and decided to put on rose-colored glasses. 
Before that, I was usually wearing tinted ones, that cast a damning light on everything but I feel like those are a bit old-fashioned and it was definitely time for a change.

My new glasses are absolutely lovely. 
They put everything in a bright glossy light, making me appreciate all the little things I usually take for granted. 
As soon as I opened my eyes, I could sense the sweet delicious smell of coffee running through the machine in our apartment, hear the birds embracing the morning and see that it was a marvelous cloudy day without the sun bothering me.
I went to the kitchen, had an amazing first cup of wonderfully harsh tasting coffee, discovered that we actually had breakfast items in our fridge and even enough clean plates for two people. Reason enough for me to warble away at the top of my voice to "what a wonderful wohohooorld" while casually swaying through my room. 
Thank God I decided to built little "walking islands" as I call them before I went to bed-  clean spots on the floor which enable me to move from one part to another without stepping on my clothes. 
I went back to the kitchen, cheering that we actually have one chair left, which is not broken and enjoyed my lovely breakfast.

Throughout the entire day I came across so many things to be appreciative and happy about: the vending machine selling chocolate to all those who feel like comfort eating without having to walk all the way to Londis, Google generously answering my questions concerning InDesign and Word checking my spelling right now.

I appreciate my absolutely amazing flatmate, my family from Canada over Rotterdam to Singapore, all the lovely people I met just now or years ago and simply being able to live my life. 

Looking at the mirror wearing new glasses is still a weird feeling, however, I feel like the new spectacle frame suits me very well. My tip to all of you out there who feel like their vision is a bit blurry or everything is a bit grey and dark- try wearing the rose-colored glasses at least from time to time as well. You'd be surprised how different the exact same things can look like...








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen