Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014

19 YEAR-OLD IN SERIOUS NEED OF A TIME MACHINE


Music wise I often feel like I've been born in the wrong time. The two musicians I am mostly obsessed with, namely Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain, died before I was even able to soil my nappies and my second addiction, which is Techno Music, is past it's best as well. So here I am, stuck with annoying "DJs" like David Guetta or Avicii, playing disturbing tracks for 13-year old kids getting smashed and partying hard. 

To me all these tunes sound exactly the same- something between game boy background music and the teletubbies theme song underlined by vocals which are designed to be singable even after the 5th Frozen Kiwi Strawberry Margarita.

I consider myself as very lucky, being able to have spent nearly three years of my teenage life in Brussels, where there were not only a very decent club presenting DJs like Len Faki, Dave Clarke, Jeff Mills and Marcel Dettmann but also festivals offering a line up with legends like Adam Beyer, Sven Väth, Chris Liebing, Richie Hawtin and Gary Beck. 

Therefore, I was unbelievingly excited when I found out that one of my favorite DJs, Ben Klock, will be playing in London on the 16th of March.
Right now I'm trying to convince as many people as possible to come and join me for this event, which is quite a challenge considering the fact that he is not exactly the most well-known musician. 

If you have never heard of him and like techno music, you should definitely check out his music.

Here is a link to one of his most famous tracks:







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen