Freitag, 7. März 2014

NO SNOW AND MELTING DREAMS


One of the downsides of having lived in Singapore before coming to Buckingham is the fact that it does not snow. Well, that is not entirely true, since Singaporeans are so obsessed with Christmas, deers and winter wonderland that they actually put up a big fake snow machine in front of a shopping mall to complete the festive feeling in the tropics.

 However, I definitely missed my favorite form of precipitation and was hoping for getting the full experience here in England. The only thing that came from the sky though was rain. Lots of rain. I'm usually a great fan of the quote "stick to the stuff you know" but come on, English weather, a little bit of variety would certainly not do you any harm. 

When I wake up in the morning and discover that it was snowing the last night I go completely bananas. No matter how old I am- you'd certainly find me running up and down the stairs like a headless chicken screaming "Snow! Snow! Snow!" before throwing myself in the white, fluffy heaven on earth.  I completely turn into a 4-year old who annoys everyone around her until they agree on building a snowman or go for a sleigh ride. 



I was therefore completely and utterly devastated when I found out about the weekends wether prognosis with temperatures up to 16 degrees. My dreams literally just seem to melt away.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen