Montag, 3. März 2014

'GRAVELY' DISAPPOINTED


Yesterday, the Academy Awards were awarded for the 86th time. I totally agree with "12 Years a Slave" winning an oscar for best picture, however, I do not understand why "Gravity" won seven awards. When I watched the movie in the cinema I was deeply disappointed because I found it extremely dull, unrealistic and I just hated the overdramatic end with Sandra Bullock fighting her way out of the water using the last of her strength.

To be fair, I was not exactly interested in the whole "space topic", however, I went out of two reasons. Number one was George Clooney and my deepest admiration for the way he acts. Ok no, that was a lie I couldn't care less about his acting but I simply find him extremely attractive to say the least. In the end I was more than frustrated because he was wearing a bloody spacesuit throughout the entire time. So much for my pathetic dreams of seeing the well-toned, muscular body of my favorite Adonis. In addition to that, he just flew off into space after the first couple of minutes, so I couldn't even admire his drop-dead gorgeous face or listen to his awfully sexy voice. Humph. 



The second reason were the special effects, which were indeed impressive but only for about five minutes. I got bored quite quickly because there was no change of setting and I found Sandra Bullock with her tomboy haircut not a very attractive sight either. I was thus really surprised when the movie got such a positive feedback and actually won seven oscars. Well, I probably just have to accept that I have an odd taste in movies since I disliked most of the award winning movies in the past few years.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen